Healthy Food Guide boiled eggs with dukkah soldiers
PREP 5 min COOK 10 min SERVES 4
- 8 eggs
- 4 slices wholegrain bread
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and stone removed
- Juice ½ lemon
- 1tbsp dukkah (Egyptian spice mix)
- Put the eggs in a large saucepan and cover with hot water from the tap. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 min for soft-boiled or until the eggs are cooked to your liking, then drain.
- Meanwhile, toast or grill the bread until golden. Mash the avocado with the lemon juice.
- Spread the toast with the avocado mash, then sprinkle with the dukkah and cut into lengths. Serve 2 eggs per person with the dukkah soldiers.
- 1.6g sugar
- 20.4g protein
- 4.5g fibre
- 24.8g fat
- 0.9g salt
- 6.1g saturates
- 168mg calcium
- 20.1g carbs
- 3.5mg iron
For more recipes like this visit the Healthy Food Guide website www.healthyfood.co.uk