Healthy Food Guide chicken, pea and basil linguine
PREP 10 min COOK 15 min SERVES 4
- 300g linguine
- Cooking oil spray
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 350g frozen peas
- 250g skinless and boneless roast chicken, shredded
- 100g baby spinach
- 30g fresh basil
- 25g toasted pine nuts
- 25g parmesan, finely grated
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the linguine and cook according to the pack instructions. Drain the linguine, reserving 175ml of the cooking liquid, then set aside.
- Meanwhile, set a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat and spray with oil. Add the garlic and peas and cook, stirring often, for 3–4 min until the peas thaw and turn bright green. Add the pasta and chicken, then season with black pepper. Add the reserved pasta liquid along with the spinach and toss over a low heat for 2 min or until the mixture is combined and hot and the spinach just wilted.
- Toss the basil through the pasta, then divide among 4 bowls. Scatter with the pine nuts and parmesan to serve.
- 4.3g sugar
- 37.3g protein
- 11g fibre
- 11.5g fat
- 0.3g salt
- 2.6g saturates
- 178mg calcium
- 66.7g carbs
- 4.2mg iron
For more recipes like this visit the Healthy Food Guide website www.healthyfood.co.uk